Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Sabbatical

For the past month or so, I've been on a short sabbatical from my weekly duties as college pastor. The elders at my church were kind enough to implement a policy that once every three years, pastoral staff can take a sabbatical in order to rest, study, and refresh vision for ministry.

Some of my days have been spent in prayer and solitude, seeking the Lord's will for the future of the ministry and for my future personally. Other days, I have been reading and studying about "Generation Y," those born between 1982 and 2000, many of whom are currently in college. Finally, I spent some of my time visiting other college ministries in Texas and around the country to gather ideas and refocus my vision for university students.

On the whole, it has been a productive and restful time. I return to the office on Monday, and I am excited to begin again with a renewed sense of purpose and direction, as well as restored energy.

Over the next few weeks, I am going to post some thoughts on the readings I have done, as well as the ministries I have visited. Stay tuned!

No comments: