Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Otherwise Occupied

Well, it's been quite a while since I last blogged. Why, you ask? I have been otherwise occupied. Every ounce of my creative and intellectual energy (above and beyond what I spend with my family) has been invested in starting the school year with the college ministry.

If you are interested, here is a brief rundown of the year so far:

-August 6-8: Training for new college interns. We added three new interns this year, in addition to the four who stayed from last year.

-August 11: I performed a wedding.

-August 13-15: College staff retreat. All of our interns and permanent staff with the college ministry spend time getting to know one another and preparing for the school year.

-August 17: Shannon and I spoke at a Christian camp for incoming freshmen.

-August 18: Another wedding.

-August 23-25: College leaders' training. Our student leaders gather for fellowship and training and preparation for the coming year.

-August 26: First college Sunday school class of the semester.

-September 2: "Howdy Party," a chance for our new students to learn about our college ministry and sign up for small groups.

-September 4: First college small group meeting for the semester.

-September 7: Elizabeth's (my daughter) birthday.

-September 11: My mom's birthday.

-September 30: Shannon's birthday.

As you can see, things move full-speed ahead from August through the early part of October. I actually love this time of year. Students are beginning a brand new year, full of brand new hopes. For freshmen, they are looking forward to four to six (hopefully) significant and thoroughly enjoyable years. For seniors, they are preparing to move on with their lives and service to the Lord. For those in between, it's another chance to do well, to walk with the Lord, to study hard, and to make good friends. No other time of the year is so full of excitement, enthusiasm, promise, and joy.

And busyness too...I'm pretty tired. But, as they say, it's a "good" tired.

No comments: